NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL
Kings Head Meadow, Wymondham
Moving forward Working Group
In order to assist Wymondham Town Council to move forward towards a final decision on the action to take with regards to the place space at Kings Head Meadow, a small working group of interested individuals has been agreed to explore and develop each of the options as described in the Options paper. I propose that the working group consists of representation from:
- Wymondham Town Council; 1 rep from each political group plus a further Conservative Councillor (4 people)
- Residents from the properties on Orchard Way whose gardens directly back onto the playscape at KHM (up to 3 people)
- Wider community members from across Wymondham. These representatives do not need to be associated with any particular group (up to 3 people)
I am in agreement to co-ordinate this group supported by Deborah Lee, Outreach Practitioner.
The involvement of young people as part of moving forward is fundamental, this will be facilitated by Norfolk County Council Outreach Practitioners to work alongside this working group in a way that enables a wide range of young people to be proactively involved.
Key skills and responsibilities:
In order to take forward the next steps with pace, it is important to have the right people on the working group that can assist in exploring options in a timely but fair way. The working group should be a proactive meeting where tasks are assigned, options explored and progress is feedback.
Responsibilities for those involved in the working group include:
- Develop and agree a TOR for the group
- Attend regular meetings (likely to be evenings on Tuesdays) to assign tasks, track progress and feedback
- Lead on particular actions as directed by the working group and provide feedback / updates as required
- Work collaboratively with others, respecting differences but keeping focused on the task at hand
- Consult and engage with other relevant groups and specialist advice as required
The group will need to work swiftly and equitably but cannot be a forum to challenge differing views or historical decision making processes.
An update on progress of the working group will be provided to the Wymondham full council meeting in January 2017
Formal expressions of interest to be a member of the working group will be advertised on Wednesday 2nd November by completing the attached EOI form. The closing date for Expressions of Interest will be 5pm on Monday 7th November.
Places on the working group will be selected by ballot by 5pm on Tuesday 8th November. This process will be independently witnessed.
Following this, all members will be contacted and arrangements will be made for a first meeting to take place w/c 14th November
To access an EOI form please click on the link below.